Reading Time: 1 minutes
Hi there. I welcome you to Python 101. My name is Lakshay Arora, and I work as a System Analyst at Amdocs. In this course, I will go over the building blocks of Python. I will commence with the benefits of learning this popular technology. From there on, bit by bit, we will cover all there is to cover, practically. There are seven chapters in the course. At the beginning of each chapter, I will show you a couple of programs/scripts, the type of which you will be able to draft yourself by the time you reach the end of the chapter. There are end-of-chapter exercises as well, for further practice.
This is how the course is structured, along with the programs.
- First steps: From knowing all about Python to installing python and creating your first Python program Mailing Address
- Variables, Operators and Simple I/O: Fill the form, Leap Year, Even or Odd
- Loops: String Palindrome, Highest Common Factor, Caesar Cipher
- Data Structures: Lists: Shuffle A Deck Of Cards, Dictionaries: Scrabble Score
- Functions and modules: Is a Number Prime, Median of Two Values, Center a string in the Terminal
- Manipulating Files: Emulate "tail" command of Unix in Python, Remove comments from a file
- Handling Exceptions: Sum a List of Numbers with Exception Handling, Remove comments from a file with Exception Handling
Index of the course is available here.